Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Let me begin by saying that this story is not only REAL, but clearly God's Hand at work. I wanted to share this with you because I find it a blessing and a act of God Himself at work in my life.

I had the opportunity to partake in a Bridal Expo on Sunday, February 15, in Laramie. I was offering my services in hand-writing thank you cards, save the date postcards, thank you postcards, and website content for brides. As nature would have it, Wyoming was under a Winter Advisory, saying there was going to be snow and the roads may become slick. As you can imagine, I was hesitate because I'm a little Southern gal who still doesn't like driving in snowy conditions, especially when the distance is 45 minutes away.

My dear, loving husband came up with a solution: since he wanted to go hiking (yes, he wanted to go hiking in mountains under a winter advisory) and we were heading the same direction, he proposed that we ride together and he'll drop me off at the Expo and come pick me up afterwards. I liked the idea! It was brilliant! So we decided to do that.

The next day, which was the big Expo day, we got up and started to get ready. Nathan packed  both our dogs in the Jeep, but sine I had a sign that I wrote on with chalk, Nathan decided to leave the dogs at home so I could lay my sign down (it's about 28 inches tall and it was a mirror before. Not something I want to hold in my lap).

We started our journey which was good since the snow hadn't started to fall yet. When we got up to Laramie, the snow had begun in great big flakes. We got to the Expo and Nathan helped me unload. Since I couldn't afford a space to myself at the Expo, I shared a space. I started to unpack after I said my "Be safe" and good byes to Nathan. Kelly and Sarah shared my space and they sold essential oils and had brought their own table. We switched tables because the one that was already in the space was bigger and I didn't need all of it since I didn't bring much decorations for the booth.

We started to talk and I found out that they were from Cheyenne and we joked how we should have drove up together. After I had gotten set up, I got a call from Nathan. His Jeep was not accelerating and he didn't know what it was doing. He was going to call a tow truck to come get him. As with all marriages, when one person is stressed, the spouse gets stressed out as well. I wasn't too worried, but Nathan's stress and frustration was getting to me. 

He had a kind couple bring him to the Expo and he took care of business as far as getting a tow truck in order. The Expo started and I soon found myself selling my services to potential clients and brides. At slow times, Sarah, Kelly, and I would talk. Kelly offered to give us a ride back to Cheyenne. We found out that Sarah lives down the street from us, so we were heading in the right direction.

Nathan, although frustrated, began to look at the positive side of the situation. He told me, "Maybe God didn't want me to go to Snowy Range today. I didn't have my cold weather gear on, I didn't have my backpack, or my gloves. Maybe this was a way of God telling me not to go." I couldn't agree more! Let me tell you a little something about Nathan: when he goes hiking, he brings everything you can ever imagine as a "just in case" thing. He packs as if he could be stranded. Sunday he didn't pack his backpack, which tells me that God certainly had His hand in this because God took such good care of us that day!

Before we had left the house that morning, I decided to grab my keys and thought, "Just in case." I'm so glad that I did because I don't like climbing through the doggie door (yes, I can fit through the doggie door. No, I am not going to take a picture of me doing it).

Not only had I grabbed my keys, but Nathan left the dogs home (I'm pretty sure dogs were not allowed inside the building where models were walking around with wedding gowns on), God provided a kind couple to bring Nathan to the Expo, God provided a tow truck company to be open on a Sunday, God provided us a ride home with fellow believers, and He also provided us with essential oils to calm both of us down.

What a mighty God we serve! I'm still thanking Him that He protected Nathan and I from whatever danger that could have awaited for Nathan up in the mountains! He also provided EVERYTHING for us, down to essential oils!

What a crazy, awesome day that day was! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Thanks for sharing how God Watched over you and Nathan. A wonderful testimony of God's goodness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great testimony of God's greatness and love! I am still praising Him! I just hope I won't forget this experience in the future!

    ReplyDelete