Tuesday, February 3, 2015

 Are you tired of reading blogs or seeing posts that talk about how marriage needs communication and team work? Does these posts bring you down because in the back of your mind, you're thinking, "I don't have that. I don't have communication in my marriage, I don't have team work. I feel like a one man show and I know that's not how God intended it or created marriage to be!" Does it get as bad as "Well, I'm so glad that you have that kind of marriage, but not everyone does!"?

If you're feeling this way and trying hard not to let bitterness seep into your heart, then you should probably read on.

My friend sent me this link to Authentic Intimacy's website to a podcast called Java with Julie by Julie Slattery. In this podcast, she talks with Christian psychologists, Drs. Chuck and Michael Misja about what to do when you feel like your marriage isn't getting better. You're begging to have communication, but your spouse refuses to give it to you. You're trying to work on being a team, but you can't because your spouse has refused to be a team with you. Julie asks some HARD questions to these gentlemen and they respond in a Biblical way, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's not what you're expecting to hear. Because it threw me off-guard, but the more I thought about it, the more I agreed with the men. But I won't spoil it for you.

I'm going to warn you: They say some things that you're not going to like, I can grantee. But I do believe these men are speaking straight from the Bible and they are learning in their marriages just like you are. This podcast is meant to encourage you and to lift you up because it reminds all of us that we're not in this alone - we have a powerful and mighty God on our side.

It's a 36 minute podcast, but I totally believe that it is SO worth it and your time! Remember, God is waiting to lead you and grow you. And it's not the way you want to be grown, I am sure, but He loves you and cares for you deeply.

To listen to Java with Julie, click here.

WHY I SUPPORT JULIE SLATTERY:
I support Julie because I know she has a passion for women who are struggling with their marriages. She has a passion to answer these HARD questions that everyone else seems to refuse to answer. She goes back to the Word of God and speaks directly from His Word. I also feel like she's a everyday human being that has failed in her marriage too. She's on the same path as you and I and she's trying to answer the hard questions to bring comfort and to hopefully draw you closer to God. She also co-author the book Passion Pursuit: What Kind of Love Are You Making? with Linda Dillow, which I highly encourage you to read it. I hope you enjoyed Julie in this podcast and that you'll look at your marriage differently. If you have to listen to it again, please do! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment