Wednesday, March 4, 2015


On March 12 of this year, my husband and I will be married 4 amazing, hard, blissful years! Our journey has not been an easy one, moving from the States to Germany, then back to the States. If marriage has taught me anything is that you cannot make it without relying on God and trusting in Him! 

But I'm not here to talk about that today, instead I'm want to reflect. I want to tell you of my love story between my husband and me. I want you to know how we met, our friendship stage, our dating stage, and then our wedding day. Everyone loves love stories right? Well here's mine and we shall start with the day I met him:

I don't remember the day exactly, but I think it was a Sunday evening and it was in the late summer because it was beginning to cool off. My church at the time was putting on a bible study and was meeting in a little house that they had built off of the church. I remember walking into the building, and lo and behold, a young man was sitting and we locked eyes. I remember that out of everything, just how in that moment, our eyes locked. 

The event after that is fuzzy as I was only 16 years old, about to be 17 (doesn't that remind you of a song?). I was into t-shirts, studded belts, and converse shoes. Anyways, I don't remember being introduced (which I am assuming we were because I've always known Nathan's name). 

During the bible study, I remember Nathan looking at me during the entire study as if to get my approval over what he was saying or checking me out, I didn't know which one. I was trying to decide if this strange young man was cute or not. By the end of the study, I had come to my conclusion: he was not cute.

Little did I know that day would start a long journey, but we all start somewhere and I started with him not being cute. 

Next time I will talk about the highlights of our friendship. Since high school and college years are all sort of blended together, I only remember highlights of our friendship and would like for you to know them as well. 

So how did you meet your spouse? Did you think your spouse was attractive or weird or annoying? I would love to hear your story as every story is just so different! 

2 comments:

  1. I met my hubby when I was 18 here in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I was working at a donut shop. I was saving money for college and still living with my parents at the time. Lewie was 24 years old and a sergeant in the Air Force stationed at F. E. Warren AFB. I was working the graveyard shift at the donut shop when he walked in at 4:00 in the morning on October 16, 1975. He ordered an ice cream cone and wrote out a check for the amount of 49 cents. I thought, "this guys is weird." We were married a year later. He is still weird, but so am I. I love him so. We have been married for 38 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute Luana! I love reading your story and how you thought he was weird! I can't believe you remember the date too! I was apparently in lala land and didn't take note on keeping track of the date when I met Nathan. Although I told Nathan when I was 17 or 18 I would never marry him because he told me I was "too young" for him. So I said he was too old. I guess never say never :D

    ReplyDelete