Thursday, January 1, 2015


Welcome to this brand new year everyone! Happy New Year’s Day! I hope everyone had a safe, fun time last night! I sure did!


As you can tell, my Red/Blue Heeler mix, Casey, is staring intently off into the distance, excited at what is coming in January for Monica Writes! I have some very exciting things to tell you!


I spent some time back in December really planning out my social media and blogging strategy. I wanted to incorporate something fun and interactive with my followers and readers. I want more feedback as well as trying to get my name out there. So I came up with several ideas for the next several months that I am too excited to tell you about!


Monica Writes will be holding not one, but TWO contests this month! Two contests in ONE month?! Yes, I want to start you new year off right and by right, I mean of a chance of you winning something! Who doesn’t like winning?!


Please go on Facebook and follow me on my page, Monica Writes, to get ahead of the game and discover when the contests will be. I will link the contest guidelines back to my blog from my social media so everyone can be in the loop. The first contest opens up on Wednesday, January 7!


By Liking my Facebook Page, you’ll see upcoming events, the contests, pictures, news, and any other adventure I am taking off on! Remember, if contests are in January, what could happen in February? You want to stay tuned on my Facebook and Twitter on what is coming up in the next several months.


As far as blogging goes, I want to try my hand at travel writing. Some of you know that I lived in Germany for two and a half years and absolutely loved it. I want to share some of my adventures with you and if you ever get to travel to these exotic places (which I really hope you do!), you’ll have an idea of what to expect, as well as some things to try. Maybe some things you haven’t thought about before and some bloggers do not post (like the food. I would totally move back to Germany JUST for the food!).


Some of the key dates to be looking out for are Friday, January 9 and 15, just to name a few.  Please, when you read my traveling blog posts, tell me what you like or what you don’t like. Also give me feedback on some places that you would like me to blog about. I am going to blog about the major places, but I traveled a lot! If you would like to hear more about the places in Germany, perhaps I can donate an entire month of just talking about places in Germany. I never went anywhere without my camera! Except once… and I had to use my iPad, which I did not enjoy at all!


I am looking forward to a good, busy, fun month with you guys! I am excited beyond all words about what this new year means for me and my writing! But I’m also excited for YOU as YOU make this possible! You keep coming back to read more and I enjoy writing to bring you inspiration, encouragement, and laughter. 


Happy New Year and have a great rest of your day!
Nathan and I wish you a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment